Campus & Facilities

The school moved to its present 50-acre site in 1882, with School House, the original school building, providing accommodation for 80 day-boys and 20 boarders. 

Major improvements occurred in the 1980s and 1990s, with improved facilities for Science, Design and Technology, Modern Languages and the Junior School. The Bushell Hall was completed in 2001 and the existing hall converted into the Kent Library.  A new pavilion, The Alan Lee Pavilion, was completed in 2003 to supplement the improved PE facilities and a new outdoor activities centre replaced the CCF hut in July 2004. In 2005 a new teaching area, the George Hill, was completed, providing 16 new classrooms and additional social and study space. The Junior School was extended and refurbished in September 2005. In 2009, a new Music School, the David Turnbull Music School, was completed. In 2015 the school also saw the addition of the Cooper Building, the new Sixth Form centre.