Drama is a popular activity throughout the school and there are many opportunities throughout the year when pupils can get involved, either performing on stage or working backstage in a variety of roles.
Performances are scheduled every term for each year group to get involved with, including a large musical production in the Easter Term. Tickets are always in high demand so make sure to book ahead. As well as these productions, the RADA Shakespeare Award is being launched in September 2016. This prestigious award will allow students to develop as performers and scholars whilst being recognised by one of the foremost actor training institutions in the world.
Weekly Drama Club sessions are also a popular activity with Lower and Middle School pupils, which are run by a team of dedicated Sixth Formers, as well as the Theatre Technical and Theatre Design Teams. Frequent theatre trips are also organised throughout the year which engage all year groups. These range from trips to local theatres to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- The Glove Thief, performed by the Lower School
- The Royal Hunt of the Sun, performed by the Whole School
- Jane Eyre, performed by the Sixth Form
- Mermaid, performed by the Lower School and directed by the Sixth Form
- Heritage & Remote, performed by the Middle School
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, performed by the Whole School
- Fuente Ovejuna, performed by the Whole School (excluding examination years)
- His Dark Materials Part 2, performed by the Lower and Middle School
- Tommy, performed by the Middle School and Sixth Form
- The Last Resort, performed by the Lower & Middle School
- Beasts & Beauties, performed by the Sixth Form at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe
- His Dark Materials Part 1, performed by the Lower and Middle School
- Carousel, performed by the Middle School and Sixth Form